Are you healthy? Well if you are relating health to just being physically fit and fine, then you are mistaken. If completing a round of 100 meters in a minute is your capability but you are not at peace with yourself then you are not healthy.
Well according to WHO health is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Let’s talk about this topic a little bit.
Now you may wonder how to achieve all this in this ever growing and fast paced world with so many diseases and problems turning right at the edge.
Everyone is aware about physical fitness- having sound body devoid of any diseases but what people mistake is the concept of mental fitness.
Mental fitness in layman’s terms is having a well functioning mind along with a sound body, but what people miss out is the fact that it relates not just to the well functioning of the body but also to well co-ordination of the mind with the body. Until and unless the mind and body are well co-ordinated along with being healthy, you are not termed to be mentally fit.
Going by the definitions of mental fitness good mental health is a sense of well being, confidence and self-esteem. It enables us to fully enjoy and appreciate other people, day-to-day life and our environment.
NOTE – MENTAL ILLNESS DOES NOT ALWAYS RELATE TO MADNESS.
Take this small quiz to find out if you are mentally fit or not-
Q1) Are you SUFFERING from any physical ailment?
Q2) Do you SOCIALISE in gatherings/ parties if you visit any?
Q3) Do you feel HESITANT to talk to a stranger?
Q4) Are you shy in EXPRESSING your feelings to someone?
Q5) Do you exercise REGULARLY?
Q6) Do you talk to YOURSELF for about 10 minutes a day?
Q7) Do you spend QUALITY time with friends and family?
Q8) Are you sure you are getting ENOUGH sleep daily? (Average sleep time span: 7-8 hours)
Q9) Do you feel life is becoming a CHALLENGE for YOU?
Q10) Are you able to COPE UP with life’s challenges?
(If the person gets even one answer wrong then he/she is mentally ill…!)
Surprisingly you ARE NOT MENTALLY HEALTHY! Now, it is not a matter of concern but you can become mentally fit by correct guidance. In fact you can change your life on your own.
LOOKING FOR BECOMING MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY STRONG? Well first get introduced to the warning signs of mental illness-
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Pulling away from people and usual activities
- Having low or no energy
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school.
Now these are number of daily life routines or as people like to quote “ye to zindagi hai!”
In fact these are the so called ‘hurdles’ that people face while living life. Or as the homeopathy states- “ye zindagi jeene mein aane wali dikkatein hain.”
Now people face challenges on a daily basis. What is important is that people overcome these challenges- in which homeopathy can be your best friend!!
Let’s discuss about the triggers of your mental illness.
- Childhood abuse, trauma, or neglect
- Social isolation or loneliness
- Experiencing discrimination and stigma
- The death of someone close to you
- Severe or long-term stress
- Unemployment or losing your job
- Social disadvantage, poverty or debt
- Homelessness or poor housing
- Caring for a family member or friend
- A long-term physical health condition
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Domestic violence or other abuse as an adult
- Significant trauma as an adult, such as military combat, being involved in a serious accident or being the victim of a violent crime
- Physical causes – for example, a head injury or a condition such as epilepsy can have an impact on behavior and mood
- Genetic factors- Mental illnesses sometimes run in families, suggesting that people who have a family member with a mental illness may be somewhat more likely to develop one themselves. Susceptibility is passed on in families through genes.
As above points, we can say that mental illness is lifestyle disorder. That is why people of now a day are more mentally unfit than previous era.
HEALING POWER OF HOMEOPATHY IN MENTAL HEALTH-
How will homeopathy help you in becoming mentally fit? (*million dollar question*)
Homeopathy treats you with outmost care and respects your individuality. The symptoms of the disease (both physical and mental) are targeted on the basis of the individual’s personality. For example- there are ‘N’ numbers of medicines for just ANXIETY alone, now depending on your symptoms and personality, you will be administered the best suiting medicine which will uplift your mental and emotional status and you will gradually feel better.
Homeopathy does no harm to you or your body as it has ZERO side effects unlike sedatives and tranqullizers. It is a gentle but PERMANENT cure.